If applicable to the container type, when shipped to Michelman:
- Multiple Bags and Drums Palletized
- Palletized Bags Shrink Wrapped
- Palletized Drums secured (Strapped/Banded/Blocked)
- Shipments adequately secured and blocked for transit
- Boxes adequate to protect contents
All individual containers must include the following labeling:
- Vendor’s Product Name
- Lot Number
- Package Net Weight in Pounds
- Expiration Date (if applicable)
- Any specific Hazard, Personal Safety Protections or Conditions of Use for the material (HMIS is encouraged).
Note: All packaging must conform to all applicable legal safety and regulatory requirements.
All shipments MUST include a PACKING LIST that MUST include the following minimum delivery information:
- Michelman Purchase Order Number
- Net Weight of Contents Shipped
- Number of Containers in Shipment
- Individual Item Lot Numbers with Quantities of Each in the Shipment
- Shipments under 55 pounds (25 kgs) must include a reference on the label as to whom the shipment is to be delivered. This should take the form of an “Attention to: (Michelman Associate’s name)” line on the shipment label.
- Certificate of Analysis (Chemicals) or Certificate of Conformance (Containers) must be included with the shipment, and also faxed or emailed prior to receipt to the Quality Assurance Group Leader at our regional manufacturing site.
- Freight Brokers Statement included on the Bill of Lading (if specified on our Purchase Order).
- Supplier must use Michelman Designated Carrier (if shipped collect).
- Liquid Bulk Shipments must be within 1000# of order quantity.
- All shipments must arrive within one half hour of the specified delivery appointment time.
- Shipment contents must match reported COA specifications.
- Material should be free of contamination, both biologic and chemical.
- No change of product content, component source or manufacturing location can be made without prior written consent by Michelman.